Career Information - Communications
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass a criminal history / driver history / comprehensive background check.
- Written application
- Written test
- Voice stress test - CVSA
- Extensive background check
- Board interview
- Audiology (hearing) / drug examination
- Psychological examination
- Probationary Dispatcher Pay: $42,398.77
- Dispatcher Pay: $43,398.77
- Second and third shift bonus: $975.00
- Longevity pay: (after 1st year) $100.00/yr
- Clothing allowance: $300.00
- 1 year of service completed: 5 days vacation
- 2 to 5 years of service completed: 10 days vacation
- 6 to 14 years of service completed: 15 days vacation
- 15 or more years of service completed: 20 days vacation
- Holidays: 10 per year
- Personal days: 4 per year
- State pension: 20 years of service, State administrative pension: City contributes to pension
- Insurance: City paid life insurance, several health insurance options available, dental and vision available as well