Located in the heart of Kendallville's largest city park, Bixler Lake Campground is dedicated to providing affordable, family-oriented camping experiences. Beautiful, wooded sites are available, and we accommodate group camping. Water and electrical hookups are provided, and a camp store offers firewood, ice, drinks and snacks. Showers and restrooms are handicapped accessible.
A wide variety of activities are available to the camper including fishing and supervised swimming on 117 acre Bixler Lake. Modern playgrounds, ball diamond, nature trails, horseshoe, volleyball and many special events conducted by the campground coordinators complete the list of things to do.
During the camping season, accommodations can be made at the campground by phone at (260) 242-6898. At other times, the Park and Recreation office can relay requests at (260) 347-1064. Advanced reservations are required for holidays with non-refundable deposit.
A map of Bixler Lake Campground is available to download and print here.
Fees for the 2020 season are:
- Opens last weekend of April (weather permitting) thru weekend after Apple Festival (weekend is considered Friday-Saturday-Sunday) ** NO CAMPING BEFORE APRIL AND AFTER mid-OCTOBER **
- Check-in - Noon Check-out 2:00 PM (flexible)
- Wood: $5.00 (20 pieces/bundle) or $20.00 for 84 pieces
- 1 RV and 1 tent or 1 additional tent per site (the 2nd tent has an additional charge)
- Spots - campers pick except holiday weekends
- To reserve ahead, you must pay for 1 night (not electrical hook-up)
- Golf carts allowed if handicapped
- Camp office hours: April through Memorial weekend - M-Th 4:00-8:00pm, Fr-Sa Noon-8:00pm, Su 11:00am-4:00pm
- Daily - $25.00/night + tax
- Full hook-up - $30.00/night + tax
- Holidays and Apple Festival weekends - $28.00/night + tax
- Holidays and Apple Festival weekends full hook-up - $33.00/night + tax
- Monthly: $450.00
- + tax
- Not for tents. Tents can only stay a week at a time (6 nights constitutes a week). Tent campers must leave for 14 days before returning.
- Includes hook-ups.
- Septic dumping - no charge for campers, $20.00 all others
- No credit cards accepted. All fees must be paid in cash or acceptable checks.
Once you've experienced the quiet, relaxed atmosphere of Bixler Lake Campground, you'll want to return.