Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
MCM 3 - Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE)
The purpose of this MCM is to develop and implement a plan to detect and eliminate illicit discharge in the storm water system.
Illicit Discharge Ordinance
Violations and Fines Ordinance
Call (260) 347-1362 to report any Illicit Discharges
Residents may be the first to recognize "illicit" discharges dumping into storm sewers or coming out of storm sewer outfalls. If you see an "illicit" discharge please report that to the MS4 personnel, police or fire department.
What residents can help watch for:
- Sediment (muddy water) leaving a construction site
- Spills, hazardous materials (chemical, gas, oil)
- Illegal dumping activity into streams or storm sewers
- Dry weather flows observed to be contaminated or polluted from outfall pipes into streams (72 hours after a rain storm)
- Observed pollution event or pollutants in stream
- Clogged, leaking or overflowing sanitary sewer lines